Southern Georgia Regional Commission
The Southern Georgia Regional Commission (SGRC) is a regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency which serves 45 municipalities and 18 counties in Southern Georgia. With a dedicated staff of over 60 professionals, SGRC teams with local governments to increase the prosperity and quality of life in the region. SGRC’s services include:
• Technical assistance to local governments in comprehensive planning, local development regulations, and hazard mitigation plans.
• Business financing to encourage business development and job creation in the region through a public-private partnership with regional financial institutions.
• Geographic Information System mapping, analysis, and custom application development to support decision-making within local governments.
• Information technology support including hardware/software acquisition, installation as well as custom software development services.
• Development, provision, coordination, and advocacy for support that assists older individuals, at-risk adults, persons with disabilities, their families, and caregivers.
• Development and administration of grants, loans and projects that increase economic development capacities in the region as well as assist with the location and expansion of industries that promote job creation.
• Promote, encourage and coordinate the development of a well-trained labor force to meet the needs of employers through administration of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).