CHEMTREC has partnered with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to award $7,500 to two volunteer fire departments in the U.S. that are also members of the NVFC. The awards are intended to help the fire departments enhance their response capabilities and increase local preparedness to respond to and prepare for hazardous materials incidents.
- Department must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
- Department must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States and be legally organized under state law.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. Learn about member benefits and join at www.nvfc.org/BeYourBest.
- Department must demonstrate their need to receive the $7,500 award and in the application essay must describe the equipment, resources, and/or training the department would purchase and/or the training they would attend to increase their response capabilities for hazardous materials incidents. Please also describe the potential hazardous materials incidents that could occur in your community.
Director - Outreach
Phone: (703) 741-5524