GIRMA offers competitive benefits that make it a better choice than standalone commercial offerings.
- Submit claims for an unlimited number of occurrences. No cap and no aggregate limits for general liability or law enforcement coverage.
- Full replacement costs coverage. We provide “like new” replacement cost property coverage on a blanket limit basis, covering all of your property on all of your premises.
- Prevent property and liability incidents before they happen. We offer proactive safety and risk control services including:
- Loss control field service and individual member problem analysis to help you mitigate risk in your work environments.
- Onsite and regional training to help communicate the basics of risk control to your staff.
- Plenty of research and resources including a video lending library, periodic risk control publications, and other communication materials.
- Save time through administrative benefits such as an easy renewal process, a common renewal date, and no premium audits that involve onsite visits, phone calls, and extra paperwork.
- Save time from reporting on many vehicles. New vehicles, equipment, and property valued under $100,000 are automatically covered and do not have to be reported.
- Receive free property appraisals which are included and conducted at no cost to you. We conduct these appraisals to ensure the proper valuation of your property.
- Receive free legal advice. Our property and liability experts will talk to you about any employment and personnel matters at no cost to you. In fact, using our Hotline for Employment Legal Problems (HELP) waives your deductible on any subsequent claim.
- Receive additional flood and earthquake coverage. We provide $10 million per member for flood and earthquake coverage, with flood zone exclusions.
- Receive specialized data and network security coverage. This free coverage includes protection in the event that your personal and private data is breached by a computer hacker. We also cover lost or stolen computers, phishing attacks, and other breaches of cybersecurity along with notification costs to people affected by the data breach.
- Participate in additional cost-saving and benefit-rich programs such as:
- Safety and Liability Management Grant Program
Our Safety and Liability Management Grant Fund offers opportunities for you to fund the purchase of equipment, receive training, and give you the ability to tackle expensive worker safety and liability initiatives. You may be eligible for up to $10,000 in funds per year, with no match required.
- Public Safety Driving Simulator Training Program
Our customized public safety classroom training covers defensive driving, basic physics involved in driving, proper inspection of vehicles, state requirements regarding emergency response and pursuits, and any applicable case law.
- GIRMA Law Enforcement Discount Program
If accredited by GACP or CALEA, then you can receive up to a 20% discount on law enforcement liability premiums.
- We assist your law enforcement agency to effectively manage the varied and high-potential risks associated with law enforcement operations. If you participate, you can receive up to a 20% discount on any law premiums.
- GIRMA Inmate Medical Program
Because you’re held responsible for the medical care of inmates/arrestees, no matter how much it costs, we provide $250,000 per inmate/per year over a $10,000 deductible to help with inmate medical claims management and catastrophic medical protection.
Plans and Options
We offer different property and liability insurance plans to meet your needs.
- Property (including boiler and machinery property)
- Automobile physical damage and liability
- Law enforcement liability
- General liability
- Public official liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Fidelity (including crime and all bonds)
Your contributions are based on:
- Individual loss experience. We compare your past property and liability experiences to state averages to calculate your insurance contribution.
- Underwriting. A risk assessment makes sure you’re eligible for property and liability insurance, and for how much.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible for the GIRMA fund if you are a:
- Municipal authority
- Municipal commission
- Regional commission
- Municipal school district with an average daily student population of at least 2,800
If you’re not insured through GIRMA, call us today. You can reach out to Stan Deese at (678) 686-6221. You may call toll-free at (888) 488-4462.