Cities Lead: Staff Vaccination Challenge
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Georgia city leaders activated their influence to create communities of immunity by encouraging their city staff and residents to get vaccinated and helping their neighbors overcome vaccine access issues. Now, it’s time to showcase your city’s vaccination rate through GMA’s It’s Worth a Shot “Cities Lead Vaccination Challenge!”
The goal of the Cities Lead Vaccination Challenge is to reach a 100% vaccination rate among all city staff in Georgia’s 537 cities. We know that’s a huge goal, but we believe in all cities!
Why Your City Should Participate
- Help build a state of immunity
- Lead the state and your city by example
- Better protect your communities, small businesses and Georgia’s economy
- Limit the chance of an interruption to city services due to city staff contracting the coronavirus
- Statewide recognition in Georgia’s Cities magazine, along with statewide media distribution
- Formal recognition at GMA’s Cities United Summit in January 2022
- Press release creation and media support announcing your participation in the challenge
- Weekly entry into a GMA sponsored all-staff lunch
How to Participate
- Challenge Launch Date: September 28, 2021
- Submit Proof of Staff Vaccination Rate: Use this form to submit your city's current vaccination rate. Please note that proof of vaccination must be formally submitted by your city’s human resource director, city manager and/or city clerk and can be uploaded at gacities.com.
- You are invited to update your city's vaccination rate once every two weeks.
- On this form you can also request GMA’s support in leveraging and arranging presentations and resources for your communities from our local, state and federal partners.
Submit Your City's Current Vaccination RatePlease send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.