This program helps very small, financially distressed rural communities with predevelopment feasibility studies, design and technical assistance on proposed water and waste disposal projects.
Who may apply?
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Federally recognized tribes
What is an eligible area?
Areas to be served must be rural and financially distressed:
- Rural areas with a population of 2,500 or less
- Have a median household income below the poverty line or less than 80 percent of the statewide non-metropolitan median household income based on latest Census data.
How may the funds be used?
To pay predevelopment planning costs, including:
- Feasibility studies to support applications for funding water or waste disposal projects
- Preliminary design and engineering analysis
- Technical assistance for the development of an application for financial assistance
Rural Development Georgia Community Programs Division: (706) 546-2171