This program funds projects that improve the safety, efficiency, and reliability of intercity passenger and freight rail. Read the Notice of Funding Opportunity here.
Projects eligible for funding under this grant program include, but are not limited to:
- Deployment of railroad safety technology;
- Capital projects, as defined in section 49 U.S.C. § 24401(2) for intercity passenger rail service, except that a project under this NOFO is not required to be in a state rail plan;
- Capital projects that:
- address congestion challenges affecting rail service,
- reduce congestion and facilitate ridership growth along heavily traveled rail corridors, and/or
- improve short-line or regional railroad infrastructure;
- Highway-rail grade crossing improvement projects; (cont. at link above)
Register for the FY 2022 Consolidated Rail Infrastructure and Safety Improvements (CRISI) Grant Program NOFO Webinar - September 15, 2022
FY21 CRISI Recipients
Match: The Federal share of total costs for CRISI Program projects funded under this notice shall not exceed 80 percent.
Douglas Gascon, email@example.com; 202-493-0239
Deborah Kobrin, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-420-1281