From the minute you say “go,” IT in a Box provides you with essential technology services and solutions that secure and modernize your city’s IT for a fraction of the typical costs. So, what’s inside IT in a Box?
- Cybersecurity and computer maintenance. We help guard your city against cyberattacks, viruses, ransomware, and data breaches by keeping your computers patched, protected, and healthy—24/7. Our management includes always-on monitoring and alerting for issues, enterprise-class antivirus protection, automated computer maintenance, ongoing software patching to keep you secure, and regular training to keep you and city staff on guard and alert.
- 24x7 helpdesk. Every day, our U.S.-based helpdesk team is there to support you in the office, while working from home or on the road. Experienced engineers with years of municipal experience will help address any IT issue ASAP—either remotely or onsite.
- Data backup and disaster recovery. Server failure? Flooding? A tornado? Ransomware? No problem—your data is safe. We provide onsite data backup for quick recovery, and unlimited offsite data backup for worst-case scenario recovery after a major incident like a natural disaster. You also ensure the success of your data backups with our real-time monitoring to quickly address data backup issues and quarterly testing to verify your disaster recovery.
- Records / document management and email. IT in a Box protects your city records, documents, and email. We’ll apply Georgia's records retention schedules to your documents so that you can reliably archive, retain, access, and delete information—and we even help you process Open Records Requests. Plus, we provide you Microsoft Office 365 for your desktops.
- Video archiving. Does your police department rely heavily on squad car and body camera video recordings? With IT in a Box’s fixed monthly cost, cities no longer need to buy additional expensive storage for video. That’s right! As your squad car and body camera video recordings continue to grow at a rapid pace, your storage costs do not change.
- Policy and compliance. To protect against cyberattacks and assist with audits, we help you adopt policies and best practices that educate your staff and make sure your technology helps you comply with state law. In addition to staff training, we shore up any compliance gaps by securing, documenting, regularly testing, and proactively managing all your technology. We will also help you create policies around software, application, vendor, network, wireless, physical, user, and remote access.
- Website. We provide you a modern, custom-designed website that looks good and delivers the information your citizens need. Have as many website pages as you want including pages for city hall, public safety, parks and recreation, news, and events. Our website also features the ability to offer online payments and offers a user-friendly backend system so that you can add and update website information yourself. Or if you want, submit your website updates to us and we will post them for you.
- Vendor management and procurement. Do you get frustrated wasting time on software support calls where you’re not sure if you’re resolving the problem? Our experienced staff steps in to take care of this dirty work. From resolving issues to even purchasing new computers for you, we will work with technology vendors directly so that you don’t lose hours and days on the phone.
We customize IT in a Box plans depending on the number of your employees and the size of your city’s technology infrastructure. This customization makes “IT in a Box” affordable for your budget, from the smallest city to the largest city. Contact us so that we may assess your needs and begin the quote process.
If you are a member of GMA’s property and liability insurance program (GIRMA), you are eligible to receive a grant from GIRMA’s existing liability grant program to reimburse your city for up to 25% of the annual IT in a Box subscription fee.