Through the Travel, Tourism & Outdoor Recreation program, EDA is focused on accelerating the recovery of communities that rely on the travel, tourism and outdoor recreation sectors. Of the $750 million of EDA’s American Rescue Plan funds, $240 million will go towards helping communities that have been hardest hit by challenges facing the travel, tourism and outdoor recreation sectors to invest in infrastructure, workforce or other projects to support the recovery of the industry and economic resilience of the community in the future.
Eligible applicants for EDA’s Competitive Tourism Grants program include a(n):
- District Organization of an EDA-designated Economic Development District
- Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes
- State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions
- Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education
- Public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State
Email your questions about the American Rescue Plan Travel, Tourism & Outdoor Recreation program to TravelandTourism@eda.gov. For region-specific questions, contact the Georgia EDA Economic Development Representative: