EDA provides strategic investments on a competitive merit basis to support economic development, foster job creation, and attract private investment in economically distressed areas of the United States. Under this NOFO, EDA solicits applications from applicants in order to provide investments that support research and technical assistance projects under EDA’s Research & Evaluation (R&E) and National Technical Assistance (NTA) programs.
R&E investments may be awarded to:
- Research and evaluate topics or issues to improve the understanding of economic development principles, strategies, and concepts
- Improve understanding of the causes of economic distress and distressed communities and potential remedies thereof
- Evaluate success of economic development programs, policies and strategies for improving economic outcomes
- Develop innovative tools, measures and widely applicable data sets for studying economic development outcomes, principles and policies
- Perform other activities determined by EDA to be appropriate under the R&E program.
NTA investments may be awarded to:
- Determine the causes of excessive unemployment, underemployment, low per capita income, outmigration, or other economic distress-related problems throughout the nation
- Formulate and implement economic development tools, models, and innovative techniques that will alleviate or prevent conditions of economic distress
- Formulate and implement economic development programs to increase regional and national capacity
- Evaluate the effectiveness and economic impact of programs, projects, and techniques to alleviate economic distress and promote economic development
- Disseminate information about effective programs, projects, and techniques that alleviate conditions of economic distress and promote economic development
- Assess, market, and establish business clusters and associations
- Perform other activities determined by EDA to be appropriate under the NTA program.
Eligible applicants for and eligible recipients of EDA investment assistance under this NOFO include a(n)
- District Organization
- Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes
- State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions
- Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education
- Public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State
- A private individual
- For-profit organization.
There are no submission deadlines under this NOFO. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the termination of this NOFO or publication of a superseding RNTA NOFO.
For additional questions, please send an email to the RNTA Program at email@example.com