*Mark your calendars: the application opens on January 6, 2022 at 6:00am EST.
The foundation welcomes applications for its First Responder Grants program, which will award up to $50,000 in support of efforts to provide lifesaving equipment and prevention education tools to first responders, nonprofits, and public-safety organizations.
The foundation primarily focuses its resources on areas served by Firehouse Subs restaurants, although it recognizes the needs of rural and volunteer departments across the country and will consider applications outside the sixty-mile guideline.
Awards will be made in the following categories:
- Lifesaving Equipment: Programs that provide first responders with lifesaving equipment, including vehicle extrication tools, automated external defibrillators (AEDs), bunker gear, thermal imaging cameras, automated chest compression systems, vehicle stabilization struts, bulletproof vests, all-terrain vehicles, fire hoses, and other lifesaving equipment.
- Prevention Education: Programs that educate the public about the importance of public safety to prevent disasters in the home and community. Examples include fire extinguisher training systems, prevention education materials, programming initiatives focused on issues such as DUI education, carbon monoxide poisoning, CPR training and accessibility, and other relevant safety issues.
- Scholarships and Continued Education: Programs that provide financial resources or continued education to individuals pursuing a career in public safety. Examples include partnerships with schools on scholarship programs for individuals pursuing/advancing a career in the public safety sector.
- Disaster Relief: Programs that provide assistance and resources during and after natural and man‐made disasters such as fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. Examples include programs to feed first responders and survivors and provide lifesaving equipment to help first responders better prepare for any future disasters.
- Support for Members of the Military: Programs that benefit men and women of the military who have served their country in any of the branches of the United States uniformed services.
The application portal closes once it has received 600 applications so please apply early to secure your request.
Review the FAQs and a sample application.