ICMA's Local Government Excellence Awards celebrate the value of professional management and honor creative contributions to professional local government leadership. These awards highlight public awareness of the value of professional management, and its impact on the quality of life in our communities.
Professional Awards are presented to individuals for:
- Career excellence
- Development of new talent
- Excellence in leadership as an assistant (regardless of title)
- Early career leadership
- Academic contributions to the profession.
Outstanding Local Government Programs are recognized in these areas:
- Community Equity and Inclusion
- Community Health and Safety
- Community Partnerships
- Community Sustainability
- Strategic Leadership and Governance
Nominations are accepted from both U.S. and international jurisdictions. Program nominations are divided by jurisdiction size. Communities with a population of 10,000 or less are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please contact Joyce Lee by phone at (202) 962-3625 or via email at email@example.com.