This program assists rural small businesses and agricultural producers by conducting and promoting energy audits and providing Renewable Energy Development Assistance (REDA).
Applicants must submit separate applications, limited to one energy audit and one Renewable Energy Development Assistance (REDA) per fiscal year. Rural small businesses must be located in eligible rural areas. The maximum aggregate amount of an energy audit and REDA grant in a Federal fiscal year is $100,000.
Eligible applicants include:
- State and local governments.
- Federally-recognized tribes.
- A land-grant college or university or other institutions of higher education.
- Rural electric cooperatives.
- Public power entities.
- An instrumentality of a state, tribal or local government.
- A Resource Conservation & Development Council (as defined in 16 USC §3451).
To complete an application for this program, you must be pre-registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) and also have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number. Neither of these applications cost money, but they can take time so be sure to get this taken care of right away. If you are already registered with these systems, you do not need to do it again.
For more information and before filling out any forms or applications, please contact the State Rural Development Energy Coordinator:
Joseph Anderson, USDA Rural Development
Tel: (706) 552-2560