GEFA is providing feasibility studies and professional technical assistance for local governments in solar energy and storage resiliency. The program will help local governments create resilient critical facilities using solar plus energy storage and identify the technical solutions available to achieve the highest and best use of their resources.
The feasibility study is free for the local government and will include:
- Researching project options
- Site visit to review project options, gather information and provide technical guidance
- Engineering cost estimates for proposed technology
- Help defining project parameters
- Economic modeling, and
- Preparation of preliminary project budget(s).
Currently, there is no application deadline, and funds will be awarded until they are exhausted.
Applicants must be a Georgia city, county or registered local government authority.
For more information, please contact Kelly Cutts
Phone: (404) 584-1089