GMA and the National League of Cities (NLC) are partners in advocating for and meeting the needs of cities.
Take your interest in the wellbeing of cities to the next level – the national level – through a membership in NLC. Membership in the NLC complements your GMA membership and benefits you and your cities by:
NLC Connects City Leaders
Although the structure and governance of cities varies from state to state, at the core, our issues are similar and our challenges and opportunities unite us. Membership in NLC gives city officials access to national research, networking opportunities with leaders from around the nation and solutions that have worked elsewhere.
- Giving you access to national solutions, research reports, toolkits, city practice database, expert staff and other resources to help solve problems.
- Driving forward an agenda that will empower people and businesses to make investments and see innovation explode in cities.
- Creating more opportunities to share great ideas with other local officials at conferences or online from your office or home.
- Working with GMA and NLC lobbyists to represent cities on Capitol Hill.
- Advocating for stronger local governments.
- Recognizing the accomplishments of your city and city leaders.
NLC Offers you unique learning opportunities
NLC conferences are unforgettable experiences – sessions on a wide range of issues, nationally recognized expert speakers, a chance to experience a new city, mobile workshops where you can see firsthand how another city is solving its problem, and city officials from around the world. I come back from the conferences recharged.
- Lamar Norton, GMA Executive Director
Visit NLC today!
- Melodee Colbert-Kean, Councilmember, Joplin, Missouri, and NLC president.